Payments to Non-Resident Aliens

Income Taxes

All non-resident aliens are required to file form 8843 to claim exempt individual status (this includes spouses and dependents present in the US). If you receive US source income (i.e. assistantship, scholarship), you are also required to file an Income Tax Return (Federal Form 1040NR or 1040NR-EZ and State Form 500). January 1st - December 31st is the tax year for the US and both Federal and State Income Tax Returns are due by April 15th.

International Student Life Office each year holds tax sessions to assist students and scholars.