Payments to International Visitors

Travel Reimbursements

The IRS imposes less complex rules for travel reimbursements than for honoraria payments. The travel expenses must be covered under UGA’s accountable plan and the reimbursements are generally are neither taxable nor reportable. A social security number or ITIN is not needed for travel reimbursements.

Documentation Required for Check Request for Travel Reimbursements:
red triangle Copy of visa, I-94 and passport **
red triangle Reimbursable Expense Statement for Non-Resident Aliens:
red triangle Appropriate receipts
red triangle DS2019 for J1 visa holder

** WT/WB visaholders may only have the I-94 card and Passport.