Upcoming Event SRG Fair
|Date: March 11, 2019
Location: Tate Grand Hall
The Finance and Administration Staff Representative Group and the UGA Staff Council are hosting the Staff Resources Fair 2019. This will be our second in what has become an annual event for the University. The goal of the Staff Resource Fair is to connect employees to the resources and opportunities that are available within our university community. The fair is scheduled for Wednesday, March 11, 2019 from 2:00pm to 6:00 pm in the Tate Center Grand Ballroom. Event Flyer
I would like to invite you to join us in our quest to increase awareness of the benefits and perks available to employees of UGA. We will have a table available, free of charge, for you to interact with thousands. There are approximately 7,200 staff members on campus. Since this is our second year, we are hoping to attract 1,000 people to the fair. We will also be sharing the information to the rest of the employees via email, listservs, and websites. This would be a great opportunity to showcase the opportunities you provide for our community.
The Finance and Administration Staff Representative Group (SRG) is a collection of elected staff members representing each department within Finance and Administration. Each representative is dedicated to maintaining open communication among all staff members and Finance and Administration leaders. Furthermore, this organization strives for unity and collaborations across Finance and Administration.
Objectives of the SRG
- To provide a forum for the introduction of staff related concerns and activities in relation to Finance and Administration
- To discuss any concerns and determine whether an item can be resolved within Finance and Administration
- To make recommendations that a staff-related concern be introduced to the University of Georgia Staff Council
We welcome input from our Finance and Administration colleagues on activities or matters relating to a unit, division, or the University at large. If you have an item you would like to see addressed at our next meeting, please contact your department's SRG representative to include the item on the agenda. In addition, all F&A staff members are welcome to attend SRG meetings. Please contact your representative to confirm the meeting time and location if you plan to attend.
Interested in joining the SRG
Individuals who meet the qualifications listed below and are willing and able to dedicate the time to the position should contact their supervisor for nomination to be the SRG Representative from his/her department.
The Finance and Administration Staff Representative Group, in consultation with the individual’s supervisor, will review the nomination form to ensure the individual has the time available to dedicate to the position. Should there be more than one qualified nomination for the SRG Representative position within the department, an election will be held where the classified employees will vote on whom they wish to represent their interests.
Individuals seeking nomination to be the SRG Representative must:
- Be classified staff employees of Finance and Administration within the department they will represent
- Have completed the six month probationary period
- Have the time available to dedicate to the position, in addition to performing their regular duties
- Be available to serve for a renewable two-year term.
The F&A SRG meets the 2nd to last working Wednesday of each month at 2:00 pm.
- March 20, 2019 - Human Resources Committee Presentation - Kizmet Adams Guest Speaker
- April 17, 2019 - Health & Safety Committee Presentation
- May 22, 2019 - Elections
F&A SRG Bylaws